Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I resolute...

I'm not really one to make "New Year's Resolutions" but I have a few that I would really like to do.

* Open my home up to others more. 
Our remodel has been complete for almost a year now.  I've hosted showers, parties, family dinners, etc..but I want my home to be a safe haven for everyone.  I want people to feel welcome as soon as they step into the door or even a dive into our pool. :) My plan is to have one family over once a month for Sunday lunch.  It's such a lost art these days.  Our Sundays are usually so busy.  I want to enjoy them with my family and friends.

*Complete a marathon.
My goal is to do the Route 66 Marathon in November 2012.  I will be relying on Launi to help me accomplish this feat.

* Read the Bible all the way through 2012. Jeff challenged the church Sunday with this.  Excited to see what the Lord has in store.

*Be more present with Derick and Livy. Technology is wonderful, but sometimes I find myself searching facebook, twitter, e-mail when I should be dedicating my time them.  The i-phone makes it so handy to get lost in the moment.  I need to put it away sometimes and enjoy my times with my family.

I'm excited for a new year. It's always nice to get a "fresh"start. 

2 comments:

  1. These are so good. I should copy you...except for the marathon part. I can't run to save my life!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some good resolutions! My resolution is to watch more reality tv. LOL I'm TOTALLY kidding. You know that's the LAST thing I need to do. Maybe my resolution should be to seek counseling for my reality tv addiction? ;)

    ReplyDelete