Thursday, March 8, 2012

Gardening and life's questions

Olivia is almost 3 1/2 years old.
Doesn't seem possible.
The other day, I had her baby album out.  Derick picked it up and started looking through the pictures.  I looked up at him and he had huge tears rolling down his face. He said, "How could I forgot how small she was?" We both lost it....right there in our bathroom. Ha.


She's obsessed with picking flowers. She begs me every day to take her outside and pick flowers. Maybe she'll be our family gardener.  Dianna said Derick was her "nature" boy. He was the first one out in the garden and he told her when her first blooms on her flowers were appearing.
Maybe she's taking after her dad.
We were all laying in her bed last night and I had a necklace on and it had Karoline's picture in it.  She grabbed my necklace and said, "Awww, she's sleeping mommy, she'll be back soon." I again looked at Derick with tears streaming down our faces.  She has had a lot of "big" questions for me here lately and it's been tough trying to discern what she's old enough to understand.  I never knew a 3 year old would be so interested in so many "real life" questions. 
Being a mom has changed my life. I've had to learn things I've never dreamed of doing. Each day is a blessing. (cheesy, it's true). These days at home with her have been some of my best days. 
I guess I'm feeling a bit THANKFUL today.

3 comments:

  1. Good reminder to be thankful...as today has been long. ;) You are such a good Mommy to both of your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Livy girl is so sweet. When you told me that story this morning I teared up. I love spring pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie! I love that first picture!!

    ReplyDelete