Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bedroom Re-Do

We remodeled/added on to our home over a year ago.  We added on a master bedroom and bath.  It's a large space(basically because we had a tiny bedroom for 3 years).  We needed space, people! ;)
I had specific ideas for color schemes and decor.  I wanted grays and blacks. When we painted it, I was a little disappointed how light the gray went on.  I, however, did not have the heart to tell my husband I wasn't thriled with the color. 

However....

My bathroom turned out great.  I had blacks, grays, and some reds.  I was very happy with how it turned out. 

The rest of my house is done in different shades of blue(inspiration from my mama's house). I fell in LOVE with it.  Never thought I was a "blue" girl, but I love every room in my house.  Paint makes a big difference to me. There's something peaceful about soft blues:)

So, a year later, I start becoming brave and telling Derick I wanted to re-do our bedroom. Derick-"Seriously, Katie??? It's only been a year!" But, I had a brilliant idea...my mom and dad came in for spring break and my dad is a PERFECTIONIST! I knew he'd be the perfect man for painting my bedroom. When I asked him if he was willing to help, he graciously accepted. So, I bought a new bedspread(I wanted something simple) and I got all my paint bought.  Last Wednesday, my dad and I painted all day.  It was my favorite day of Spring Break.  I spent the whole day alone with him talking and laughing. 

Thanks dad! You did great.









Now, which room should I tackle next?
Just kidding, maybe!

4 comments:

  1. It's lovely! I like blue, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dianna bought me and Lee that bedspread for our wedding. It not longer fits our bed (we went from queen to king) and I'm so sad. It is so soft and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why, but this made me kind of teary. Maybe because I know when you live far away from your parents, any quality time with them is precious. What a fun memory you'll always have to treasure!! And the room is lovely!! :)

    ReplyDelete