Monday, March 19, 2012

Derick got Livy a puppy dog in January. A guy from Derick's work just showed up at our house with this little puppy and I was so confused. Derick had made arrangements to get this puppy without telling me. (sneaky, sneaky, sneaky). He did this because I would have probably said no.
Livy named her Sugar. We really didn't get to "play" with her much because it was in the middle of winter. In the last few weeks, Sugar started growing on me. The nice weather was what brought us together. ;) On Monday, we couldn't find her anywhere. She was getting brave and going next door to Dan and Launi's house. Launi stopped by Monday afternoon and I asked her if Sugar was at her house. She hadn't seen her all day:( That evening Derick said it probably wasn't good. She had either gotten run over or the coyotes got her. He sent ME into the woods to see if I could find her. I had no luck:(
Derick suggested we go next door to our other neighbors to see if she wandered off over there. We drove up in their driveway and there was Sugar....
My sweet reunion with Sugar...;)


We really enjoyed Sugar the rest of the week. Livy gave her piggy back rides, pushed her down the slide, and just ran around the yard chasing her all day.
After church Wednesday, Derick came in our bedroom and said Sugar got ran over before church. I laughed and said, "You're joking!" He shook his head no and said "she's dead."(Phil accidentally ran over her in the driveway). We didn't disclose this info to the kiddos:/
I started bawling right then and there. Oy!! My entire life, I've never been an animal lover At ALL! I cried for 2 hours. Derick then started laughing at me. He said I grew a heart finally towards animals.
The next morning, I told Livy that Sugar got run over. I started tearing up as I told her. She patted my shoulder and said,"it's okay mom, we'll get a new puppy." My 3 year old was consoling me. Yikes.
So today, my dad and I are headed to AR to get a new puppy. Livy already named her "Lucky"!



She's a full blood Australian Shepherd. I hope for my sake this puppy dog lives up to her name, "Lucky."

3 comments:

  1. Aw, so sorry about Sugar! :( The new puppy looks super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, what a tragic beginning that turned happy! Sorry for the loss of Sugar (it's TOUGH even when you don't think you're really connected!), but how sweet is Lucky! And I love that you were able to go with your dad! Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness what a cutie! I hate that about Sugar though. She was pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete