Thursday, September 26, 2013

Grocery shopping


Grocery Shopping

Grocery shopping. Do you hate it? Do you love it? Do you tolerate it? 

I for one, really enjoy grocery shopping.  I like planning my meals and making my list out each week.  I shop once a week because Derick gets paid once a week so this works for best for us.  Phillip is my shopping buddy.  He loves new places so the grocery store is like a party for him. I wonder how long this will last? ;)

I used to coupon shop every week but it became a hassle and I was tired of clipping coupons and scouring the internet for coupons.  I was introduced to Aldi about a year ago.  My favorite store!! It's super cheap and has everything I need. You can get a gallon of milk for $1.75. Say WHAT?! Yes, I know.  If you don't mind off brand foods, then this is your place.  Now, I can't substitute some name brand foods. Example: Crisco, coffee, cereal, and pop-tarts...just to name a few.  I just can't get the cheaper version. It'll gag me, seriously.  But, their produce is great.  Super cheap fruits and veggies. I always load up when I go.  


I do all my shopping needs in Siloam Springs, AR.  It's about a 25 minute drive from my home.  The drive is BEAUTIFUL!! Siloam Springs is a sweet little town and I can get all my shopping done on one long strip.  It's not spread out everywhere, which I love. 
I'm thankful I can enjoy my weekly shopping visits to this town.  I know if I worked, I probably wouldn't enjoy shopping as much.  It's nice to have the extra time to plan my weekly meals and cook for my family. Cooking and cleaning! It's my life calling right now ;) And I love it.  

So, where do you shop? Do you plan weekly meals? Do you hate grocery shopping.  

Don't forget Aldi's for all your shopping needs;)




No comments:

Post a Comment