Friday, September 13, 2013

A year later

My last post was in October of 2012. I guess it's safe to say, I've been a little busy since it's almost a year later. I'm going to document more because if I don't write our little adventures in life down, I'm afraid I'll forget them. We can't have that happen.

In most recent news, Olivia started Pre-K in August. My shy, cling to mommy, never talks to a stranger started school. So, naturally you would think this would be a hard transition for her. She surprised her daddy and me! She loves school. Wakes up every morning smiling because it's a school day.  The first day of school, I was mentally prepared and knew I wouldn't cry.  This will be totally fine and easy(as I was thinking this in my head). We dropped her off and she went and sat on that big ole' rug in that big ole' classroom all by herself and waved bye to Derick, Phillip, and me.  I walked out of the room, looked at Derick and lost all control. Derick grumbled, "Good grief, let's go get you some donuts." She has continued to do well in school and each day is new and exciting for her.  Truly an answer to our prayers. And let me tell ya, I have covered this girl in prayer since putting her in school. (Well, I prayed for her all the time before too.) It's just a totally different world she is being exposed to.  I pray that she is safe, surrounded by good friends, a little light to others, and that she will still keep her sweet innocence. 
 Phillip was used to having his big sister home all summer.  She's his source of entertainment.  He's adjusting though ;) I've really enjoyed the one-on-one time I have with him.  He's the most laid back, sweetest, most smily baby I know.  He brings so much joy to our home.
 They're 4.5 years apart, but I think they will be the bestest of friends.  Thankful that Livy loves her little brother.  She thinks he's the greatest thing ever.  Do you other moms heart flutter when you see your kiddos interacting/ laughing together? There really is no better feeling!
Livy is at school right this moment.  Phillip is napping in his crib and I'm getting our house spruced up for Livy's 5th birthday party tomorrow night. 

Yee-haw! Bet ya can't guess our party theme? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment