Monday, November 7, 2011

Silver Dollar City. 3rd Annual Christmas trip.

For the past 3 years, we have purchased season passes to Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri.  I had never heard of SDC until I started dating Derick.  I went with his family once and I fell in love with it.  Once you step into the park, it's kind of like you step back in time.  Love it.  We usually go 3-4 times a year. My favorite time to go is Christmastime.  The park is covered in trees and lights.  And of course, all those Christmas shows:)
We like to go in November because it's not too cold and all the Christmas is out the first weekend in November.  This year, we went with Phil and Dianna(who have season passes as well).  We had a great time.  Livy did so good.  She loves the rides and she saw Santa in the Christmas parade. Her face was priceless when she saw Santa.  I just kept watching her face instead of parade.  Oh to see Christmas through a child's eyes....nothing like it. So thankful for these special little trips.  It gets better every year.
Here we are in AR.  We saw this little shop on the side of the road.  Of course, my Father-in_law had to pull over to check it out.  He carved this out of a tree.
Aren't you impressed? ;)
Silver Dollar City.


                                             Nothing better than a Merry Go Round ride



                                      Apple Dumpling with Vanilla Ice-Cream.  TO.DIE.FOR!
 Have you ever been to the fish hatchery in Branson? It's a really neat place to take kids. 

So thankful for this little family getaway trip with my family.  Making memories during the holidays. Nothing better!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! You sold it to me! Now I want to go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family is planning to go next year, and I am already looking forward to it so much! Love it at Christmastime. :) Sounds like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete