Friday, November 18, 2011

Bargain-Running Races-Christmas week

I've taken an interest in couponing. It started in June. I.CAN'T.STOP.  It's a fun little challenge each week.  Clipping them, scouring the internet, and matching up with the sales paper.  We get the paper in the mail every Tuesday and that's when my fun begins.  I figured this week would be a good sale,(Thanksgiving week) so when I checked my mailbox Tuesday morning, I was shocked to NOT see my sales paper there. I kinda panicked. Seriously? I panicked. I even went to our local post office asking if they had any.  They didn't receive any that day:( Low and behold, Wednesday morning, a paper made it's way to my mailbox. I may have done a happy dance and made up a couponing happy song... Ridic..I know. 

As I was browsing through the ads, I realized this was a VERY good sale.  I opened my coupon binder up and started matching it with the paper. ( I may have made up another song because I had so many good coupons for this ad). And if it doesn't get bad enough, I raced to Homeland(30 minutes away from my home), Wednesday night after church.   I loaded up and made my biggest haul yet. The cashier even clapped for me and said I did great.

Yes, she clapped, and I loved it :)


Tulsa's Route 66 marathon is this Sunday. Gonna give it a whirl...sure hope I don't hurl :(
Launi and I attended the Christmas Gathering at Tulsa BattleCreek's church last night. We had a good time and got some pretty cute ideas for Christmas.
We have a busy weekend ahead of us. Looking forward to meeting some goals and eating my coupon food:)

3 comments:

  1. Yay, you did great at Homeland that's a really full basket!! The gathering was so fun and I enjoyed it! Thanks for going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at that cart! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza, that's quite the haul! Good luck on the race!

    ReplyDelete