Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day.
When Livy turned 2, we really started telling her more about her sister Karoline.  We knew she couldn't understand the concept of it all, but I knew that I wanted Olivia to grow up knowing about her big sister, Karoline. She understands that Karoline was "sick" and that she's with Jesus now.  When Livy woke up this morning, we told her we were going to go visit sister's grave. She screamed, "Let's give Karoline a "prize"!" So, she went in her toyroom and grabbed her tiara.  She said, "Sister can have my princess crown."
My heart skipped a few beats as I saw Livy placing the tiara on K's grave.  I'm so thankful Livy is so compassionate for her big sister K.
It will be a glad reunion day when they meet face to face:)

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet moment, Katie. You are a good Mom to both of your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in tears yesterday seeing your pics and now again today reading this post. That is the sweetest thing ever. I love both of those girls so much and it will be such a sweet reunion day.

    ReplyDelete