Thursday, January 7, 2016

Christmas Season

I always anticipate the Christmas season starting in August.  I'm the biggest Christmas fanatic you'll meet. Maybe that's why I decided to marry Derick at the most magical time of the year (or according to our family, the craziest time of the year). What can I say, we like to spice things up.

I was looking forward to Christmas 2015 for a number of reasons.  Olivia got two whole weeks off for Christmas break.  It was much needed for her and mama;) We ended the last week of school with her school Christmas program.

 We took a family getaway with my sister and her family to Big Cedar Lodge in Branson.  We had lots of fun! Miniature golf, shopping, Bass Pro to see Santa, and the Dixie Stampede

Dixie Stampede. 

 The Christmas show is a must see.  Dixie Stampede never gets old to me.
Waiting to see Santa at Bass Pro.  He didn't want near the ole' jolly man unless mommy held him.  Ehhh, we made it work!
When my mom was here over the break, she did the most adorable tea party for Olivia and Julia.  She went above and beyond and really created some special memories for them.





It was a candy cane theme.  So fun!



So thankful for our time with Nana Debbie.


In the middle of the busy season, Derick and I celebrated 10 years of marriage!!! 

We are going on a big trip this summer with some of our closest friends(romantic huh?) All jokes aside, we are really looking forward to the time away.  Thankful for 10 years full of love and laughter.  God was good to me when He sent Derick my way.  



And of course we can't have a Christmas break without Gingerbread cookies.

Livy performed in her first Kids' Choir Muscial at Church.  She was part of the marching band and made an appearance as Dorothy from Wizard of Oz for one of the songs. 





Phillip even had his first appearance in his Church Christmas play.  He was a cow.  But, he only agreed to play the part if it was a dinosaur.  This resembles a dino, right?? He did really good.  He pretty much just sat there and comforted his friend Mazzy when she had some stage fright. 


Phillip and Olivia on Christmas Sunday


Derick and Livy before our Christmas Eve Service


Mommy and Livy

We love our Christmas Eve Service.  It's a wonderful time of reflection to observe our Savior's birth and partake in communion with our families. 

We then head to Tulsa and have a big Christmas Eve dinner with my family.  This year we enjoyed the Cheesecake Factory.  




We had to hurry home and set out cookies for Santa, read the Christmas story, take pictures in our matching P.J.s (Derick was thrilled with all the matching) ;) then tuck the kids in bed awaiting Santa's arrival.  I serious get giddy when I think about how exciting this is for the kids(and me)!



We enjoyed this Christmas season. It always comes and goes so quick.  All the planning, decorating, family get togethers, parties...gone :( 

Thankfully Valentine's Day is right around the corner.  


We hope you enjoyed your Christmas season as well.  Thankful for my family. Thankful for memories.  

Just thankful.
















No comments:

Post a Comment