Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Starting New Traditions

Saturday we woke up and headed to Daylight Donuts. A maple bar sure started my day right;)




We went and visited grandma and grandpa and grandma got me this Paula Deen cookbook. She's a sweetheart. I love me some Paula Deen.




We then set out to find a Christmas tree. Derick asked me if it'd be okay to start a new tradition and cut a tree down every year for our bedroom. They used to do that as a family growing up and he wanted to experience it with Olivia. I was thinking a small tree....




It is kinda big...





See, it almost knocked Livy and me off the 4-wheeler




I let Livy and her cousins paint some ornaments for the tree




We strung popcorn and berries. We did the the tacky garland and tinsel. We have the huge colored lights. It's a sight to see...




But, it's our favorite tree! Go figure;)
Livy enjoyed the garland.




Making and starting new traditions. Love it.

3 comments: