Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hard Questions this morning

As I was on my computer this morning, Livy came into the office with Karoline's picture in her hand.  She kept asking me what was all over her face and hands.(She had a lot of wires and bandages all over her body in NICU). Then she began asking me what happned to her.  I tried to explain that she was very sick and that she went on to Heaven to be with Jesus. (This is waaaay too much information for a 2 year old to comprehend). She ran out of the office and into her bedroom.  A few minutes later, she ran back into the office where I was. She had her bag pack on her back and said, "I want to go see her mama.".....If it were only that easy I thought to myself.

I sat in my office and just cried. I knew the day was coming where Livy would ask me questions about her big sister.  I always want to be honest with her, but she's so young and I know she really doesn't fully understand where Karoline really is.  I'm thankful for Livy's thoughtfulness and sincerity this morning.  Thanking the Lord for my sweet girls today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Katie, you are such a good little Mommy. You will have just the right thing she needs to hear when she needs to hear it, and you are doing the right thing by waiting on God's timing for what/when to say those things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet lil' girl you have...;'(

    ReplyDelete